Dance Inspires are pleased to be offering Aerial Hoop group classes at its dedicated hoop venue in Headington, Oxford.
About Aerial Hoop
Aerial Hoop (often also called Aerial Lyra) Classes at Dance Inspires are mixed ability lessons, and include a mix of building moves and choreography, using dynamic movement. Aerial hoops are a steel apparatus that can e used on static or spinning. The hoops are suspended by a fully secured truss system, via certified and load tested strops and caribiners. Suspension allows you to perform aerial acrobatics on.
About Group Classes
Each aerial hoop group class will allow you to experience and grow as a performer whether you are looking to just have fun or to compete. Whatever you need, our experienced instructors will provide you with knowledge and support throughout.
classes will involve:
- A 10 minute warm up
- Conditioning techniques for strength/technique building
- Hoop tricks using our extensive syllabus
- Transitions and combos
- Routine building
- Choreographed group rutine
- Flexibility training
- Stretch and cool down
Everyone is welcome to attend classes – no matter what age, ability, size, or gender you are. You do not need to build upper body strength to start – our progressive syllabus will help you to naturally build strength as you progress through our levels.
- Classes promise no more than 3 to a hoop. Matting is always used within classes, as well as an instructor spot during learning new moves.
- Students are advised to wear leggings and leg warmers and long sleeved tops that cover the lower back.
- Classes are held every Friday at 7.00pm at Cheney School, Cheney Lane. Oxford. Oxfordshire. OX3 7QH.
- Classes are £11 or 1 class within our memberships.4
- Pre-booking is required for all classes. Cash is not accepted.